Please note this is a special order rug and requires 8-10 weeks for delivery.
- Coral Sunset
- Exclusive design by Doug and Gene Meyer
- 3' x 10' Hall runner
- 100% Tibetan wool
- Hand-Knotted in 60 knot
- Made in Nepal
- Goodweave certified
- Use rug cleaners that specialize in hand knotted rugs
- Tibetan wool rugs will shed for a few months when new
- Vacumn your rug regulary at medium suction only
Doug and Gene Meyer Rugs is a Goodweave certified company providing the finest hand-knotted rugs made in a child-labor free enviroment. Our Nepalese-Tibetan rugs go through eleven processes before they are complete:
- The purest white wool is gathered from Tibetan sheep and hand-washed in spring water.
- Hand carding process of combing and cleaning the wool.
- Hand-spinning process draws and twists the wool to make yarn in the desired thickness.
- The dyeing of the wool is always consistent because of our factories superb dye masters.
- Weaving is done on vertical looms using the traditional Nepalese-Tibetan hand knotting techniques.
- The rug design is printed (full scale) on paper and attached to the top of the loom, weavers follow it by eye, counting knots as they go.
- Hand trimming of the rug is carved out by scissors. Trimming is a skilled and delicate process - one false move can ruin a rug.
- The washing process is achieved with fresh water and standard household cleaning products to ensure any dirt is removed and the natural wool's sheen is restored.
- The rug is sun-dried for 5 days.
- The rug is stretched on all four sides using metal frames. This restores the shape and size.
- A final finish includes trimming and vacuuming to remove any loose fibers.
SHIPPING CHARGES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE ON ALL DELIVERIES WITHIN THE CONTIENTAL US
AT CHECK OUT THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL $14.50 HANDLING CHARGE ON ALL RUG ORDERS
For orders to ALASKA and HAWAII please contact us for additional shipping charges
< MOVE CURSOR OVER
PRODUCT TO MAGNIFY